Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Taco Soup



I made the most amazing Taco Soup for dinner last night and I just had to share the recipe! It's from Tasty Kitchen, but I have also pasted the recipe here. I didn't take any pictures of my own, the one here is also from Tasty Kitchen. The only change I made to the recipe was instead of using a 28-ounce can of tomatoes, I used one 14-ounce can of diced tomatoes and one 10-ounce can of Rotel to add some extra kick. Also, I used 4 cups of chicken stock and next time I would use all the juice from the tomatoes as well -- the soup really thickened up and the leftovers have hardly any liquid to them. But the soup is delicious and was super fast and easy to make!


  • 1 pound Ground Beef, Browned And Drained
  • 28 ounces, weight Canned Crushed Or Diced Tomatoes
  • 2 cups To 3 Cups Chicken Broth Or Stock (depending on how thick you like it.)
  • 1 envelope (1 Oz. Packet) Ranch Dressing Mix
  • 1 envelope (about 1 Oz. Package) Taco Or Enchilada Seasoning
  • 15 ounces, weight Canned Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
  • 15 ounces, weight Canned Chili Beans, With Sauce
  • 15 ounces, weight Canned Pinto Beans, Drained And Rinsed
  • 2 cups Frozen Corn Kernels
  • OPTIONAL FOR SERVING: Tortilla Or Corn Chips, Grated Cheese, Sour Cream, Sliced Green Onions, Minced Fresh Cilantro, Diced Tomatoes

Slow Cooker Directions:

In a slow cooker crock, stir together meat, tomatoes, dressing and seasoning mixes, black beans, chili beans with sauce, pinto beans and corn. Place lid on crock, turn slow cooker to ‘LOW’ and cook for 6-8 hours.

Serve with or without toppings. Store leftovers, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also portion the leftover soup into individual servings and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.

Stovetop Directions:

Stir together meat, tomatoes, dressing and seasoning mixes (if using), black beans, chili beans with sauce, pinto beans and corn in an appropriately-sized soup pot. Place lid on pot, put pot over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer. Remove the lid and allow to simmer gently for 30-40 minutes or until soup is slightly thickened.

Serve with or without toppings. Store leftovers, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also portion the leftover soup into individual servings and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.


2 comments:

Missy said...

THANK YOU! This does sound delicious! I am always looking for new yummy recipes! I like your blog, too. :o)

Deidre said...

I'm so glad you posted this! 1) I've been looking for a new soup recipe. 2) I love Tasty Kitchen. 3) I love spicy soups!

I can't wait to try it....maybe on next week's menu.