Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I am Bummed

So, yeah, I am bummed. I was hoping to see some of my old friends this weekend at my college's homecoming, but most of them aren't coming. I feel a little silly, too, because it used to be a pretty big deal for everyone, and suddenly it isn't anymore. It makes me feel like I am holding onto something that everyone else is ready to let go of. Everyone else has more important stuff to be doing, and I am just hanging around wishing it could be like old times. The thing is, I don't care about Homecoming. I don't care about seeing my old professors and the Homecoming parade. That is all just an excuse to see old friends. But now most of those friends aren't coming and I'm left with just the other stuff that I don't care anything about. I do, of course, care about the couple of friends that will be there, and it will be wonderful to see them. But maybe it's just gotten to that point when everyone has to take care of their own lives and let go of the past. I just didn't think it would happen so soon...

No comments: