Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Trying Again...

Here I am, a year after my last blog post! I'm going to try to fire this thing back up again. I want to keep up with my photography, recipes I like and the occasional craft. Right now I'm in summer school, so it might be sporadic, but I like having a place to put down my thoughts.

My family recently lost another member. (This makes 3 in 6 years.) My cousin Dan was killed in a pretty tragic accident. He was only 32 and had 2 older brothers and many other family members who loved him very much. In the past few days my heart has been hurting. I've been so confused why God would allow this to happen and I've been unable to react in the way I wish I could. It's complicated, but my feelings are all mixed up and messy. Suddenly this morning a felt a great thirst for God's peace. In the midst of my crazy stressful life, I have abandoned the quest I once had to attain God's peace above all else. Since I'm at work and don't have a Bible handy, I took to the internet in search of a word of comfort. The first website I found had a verse of the day that was perfect for me right now:

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him." Psalm 18:30


I think that pretty much says it all.

1 comment:

Deidre said...

1) welcome back to blogging...I've been waiting for you to return!

2) I, too, have been privy to the messy feelings left behind after a tragic death of a close family member. it is hard to understand and easy to be mad at God and to questions His authority. But I believe you've found the perfect reminder of how awesome God is even in moments of despair. I am praying for you for comfort and for the peace that you are longing for. Keep your head up!

I can't wait to hear more from you - even if it is sporadic.